Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should. Since your roof is such a critical component of your property it’s particularly important to hire a knowledgeable professional. DIY roofers can easily make mistakes which make conditions worse due to lack of knowledge and improper technique.
Why risk hurting yourself or impacting the integrity of your roof?
Reynolds Roofing will repair or replace your roof with ease while following all safety and construction guidelines.
- There are many telltale signs of roof trouble that you should be aware of:
- Curling shingles
- Your roof appears warped
- Visible missing shingles
- Signs of leaking on your interior ceilings or walls
- Age of the roof/shingles breaking down
- Wind damage/storm damage
- Rusted or missing flashing
- We recommend that you call us out for a look. Some damage isn’t visible to the untrained eye on the ground. Catching a problem early on can prevent the need for expensive interior repairs in the future.
The answer will vary on a case-by-case basis. Often, a leak can be addressed by a repair, thus extending the life of your current roof. On other occasions, when roof shingles are past their prime and the integrity of the roof is breaking down, then a roof replacement is advisable.
- Roofing pricing is complex involving many variables. When pricing a roof, we consider all the following:
- Age and pitch of the roof
- Number of layers on your existing roof
- Condition of shingles and wood decking
- The current market price of roofing materials which are subject to fluctuations
- Known issues with the roof
- Number of roof valleys, or complexity of the roof
If you are quoted a price per square by a contractor that has not visited your home or property to inspect the current condition of your roof BEWARE. Ask what they base the price on, it should never be a single factor.
DON’T choose a roofing contractor on cost alone. While price is a factor there are many equally important matters to consider. Both the quality of materials to be used as well as contractor workmanship are of enormous importance.
Hiring the cheapest contractor could cost you more in the long run. When comparing quotes from multiple contractors, make sure they are all offering the same service and job specifics. Are they using comparable materials, are they doing the same thing? Details matter.
A couple of variables to consider are weather and how many layers of the roof are to be removed? Typically for a residence, it could take a few days to a few weeks depending on the size and complexity of the project. Reynolds Roofing will always provide an estimated project window. Commercial projects can take weeks to months based on the sheer size of the building to be roofed.